BATYA NUBIAN QUEEN
“Seeing the beauty of someone’s soul is love uncontaminated”
– Neo Gilson
- In the year 2014, she wrote a play titled “Three Monkeys and Dikeledi ” for African Folktale Onstage Plays for Pre-Teens.
- Neo is a member of Poetry Africa and Samro. Furthermore Neo has performed poetry at various platforms.
- On the 6th till 8th March 2014 performed poetry at “Voices of the Northern Cape” at the 5th Annual Writter’s Festival hosted by the 8 1997 Northern Cape Department of Sports Arts and Culture held Kimberley .
- On the 11 March 2014 performed the “National Anthem” at the Reopening of Office of MEC of Sport ,Arts and Culture.
- On the 19th Aprill 2014 she has graced the stage as backup performer at the Northern Cape Diamonds and Dorings Festival.
- On 5th May 2014 written and performed a poem titled “The great Exchange “at Mayibuye Arts Centre in Kimberley for Arts and Ubuntu Trust on the 4th May 2014.
- On the night of 5th May 2014 performed a poem at William Humprey Art Gallery titled “Art the language of God” At the Manqoba Art Exhibition for Arts and Ubutu Trust.
- On 24 May 2014 celebrating Africa Day ,Neo was invited to be a guest speaker on topic Titled “African Woman”at a women interfaith forum.
- From 16 June -20 June 2014 written a poem for and performed at Celebration of 20 YEARS DEMOCRACY MULTIMEDIA ART EXPO at MSCC in Kimberley for Department Land Reform and Rural Development
- On the 9 August 2014 she was a MC at Book Launch “Black Diamond Wife” of Gontse Wa Chaane.
- On the 30 September 2014 she performed poetry at the Woman in the Arts workshop at Mayibuye Arts Centre hosted by National Department of Sports, Arts and Culture.
- Most recently on 1 November 2014 performed poetry at William Humprey Art Gallery hosted by Tau Olifant motivational talk show.
- Poetic cocktail at Monakaladi in pampierstad on 14 February 2015
- 6th Annual Writers Festival Northern Cape at Kimberley on 26-28 February 2015
- Blood spot poetry battles on 8 March 2015
- Africa Day 25 May 2015 as Speaker and workshop at Ivuma Art centre in Kimberley
- 7th Annual Writers Festival Northern Cape 2016
- 16 June 2016 Youth Celebration at SAFY
- 9 August 2016 at Kim Kgolo primary women’s day Gala lunch
- 29 October 2017 at Afro Café as part of Black History Month at Africa In Motion Pictures (UK)
- Wrote a poem titled Woman on Woman as part of WOW/ Outlandish Theatre group for the production Love and Charity
- Part of In-Visibility act for the Love and Charity production
AFFILIATION AND SHORT COURSES
- July 2014 Badilisha poetry X-change Northern Cape.
- 7 May 2015 Participated in Poetry and Prose work at university of Sol Plaatje in Kimberley in partnership with DSAC and Chatam University (Pittsburgh,USA)
- 2017 completed IOWA MOCC short online writing course
- 2016-2018 member of Glasgow Women in Library
- 2020 member of WOW project by Outlandish Theatre in Ireland
- 2020 completed online writing workshop “All the words in the world” by Fiona Bolger in Ireland
Ms Gontse Wa Chaane
Designation: Sol Plaatje Museum
Designation: Department of Sports,Arts and Culture
Designation: Stimpa sound studio
Mr Tau Olifant
Designation: International motivational Speaker / Mentor
Mr Robin Malan
Designation : Author / Publisher /Mentor
Designation : Artist, Director and Co-founder Outlandish Theatre Group Ireland